Saturday, April 4, 2009

Sweet Edith

On Thursday night I got this feeling that something just wasn't right. I called my mom and asked her if everything was all right, she said it was so I just shrugged it off. On Friday when I went on my lunch break I noticed I had a missed call from a number in AZ I checked my voicemail and it was from a sister in Sun City. She told me about my dear friend Edith who I taught while I was on my mission. She told me that Edith had a stroke and wasn't expected to make it. I love this lady with all my heart! It makes me happy to know that she made the choice to join the church and that when she does pass away I know that I will see her again. I am flying out there on Tuesday after school in case she does pass away. So that I can be there for the funeral. I love this lady so much!
EDIT: Sweet Edith passed away this morning while watching conference. That is true Edith style. She would have been 86 on April 8th which is ironic because that is when it will be her funeral!

No comments: