Sunday, October 12, 2008

GRATEFUL SUNDAY # 1

I have seen this on my friends blog for the last five months and I thought that it was time to start doing it myself! (Thanks Mel for the idea!). The idea of this blog is to name something you are grateful for and to post that every Sunday. It is something that I look forward to reading on Mel's blog every Monday it really gives me strength for the coming week and helps me find things to be grateful for. So here I go starting it myself.
For my first Grateful Sunday post I want to start with what I am most grateful for, and that is our Savior. I have been going through this trial in my life and last week I was just sick of hurting and so in my prayers I decided to tell Heavenly Father that he just couldn't possibly know how I am feeling. I was quickly chastised with this thought which came with so much force to my heart. It said in not these exact words "how could you think that I don't know how you feel?" It was in that dark moment that I was reminded that our Savior does know how we feel. He feels it all with us everyday. We are never alone we will always have a great friend in him. One who truly knows everything about us and can truly comfort us without saying a word. I am so GRATEFUL for my Savior with out him I would truly be nothing. But because of him I can be EVERYTHING. As I was reading a book last night I was reminded of a song which says:
And when I think that God his Son not Sparing
Sent Him to die I scarce can take it in
That on the Cross my burden gladly baring
He bled and died to take away my sin

That is why I am so GRATEFUL for my Savior. I can't imagine the pain that he went through and I can't imagine what life would be life if he didn't. The only thing that I can imagine is that day when I can tell him how grateful I am for that sacrifice. I love Him so much and will always be so GRATEFUL to him.

No comments: